Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mosiah - Chapter 8


16 And Ammon said that a seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God. 
 I hope I never underestimate the great gift and calling Heavenly Father has entrusted to our current leaders.  We have among us today 15 Seers.  They have been given great power by God.  It is easy to take those gifts and those servants of the Lord for granted and not fully appreciate how blessed we are to have them.  As I pondered this today I realize I have to take their presence and counsel much more seriously.

1 comment:

di said...

Amen to that! I listen to conference with great enthusiasm and a few of the talks ricochet through my spirit for days and even weeks, then I move back into my old habits and forget my resolutions. I surely love President Monson. He is my dad's cousin and I have waited all my life for his turn. He has been unchanging throughout the years. He has been a stalwart example.

My thoughts on this chapter were a little out there....

10 And behold, also, they have brought breastplates, which are large, and they are of brass and of copper, and are perfectly sound.

I wonder at the purpose of storing this breastplate and the sword which Joseph Smith saw. (Besides being remnants and artifacts, that is.)