Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alma - Chapter 22

15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up dall that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.
I propose that ultimately, each of us must be come so willing.  We much become willing to do whatever it takes to be born again.  I believe God will evenually show each of us that any other approach to achieving Eternal Life will fail. Sometimes I think I am really lucky to have been an addict.  I am fortunate to have been driven to my extremity.  Having found myself in such a despirate position I finally became willing to do whatever God requires, in order to be free.  That kind of willingness is required of each of us.  We too must be willing to give up kingdoms and possessions and even sins, if we want to know Him.

1 comment:

D1Warbler said...

I think it's interesting that it is not until King Lamoni's Father says he is willing to give up "all his SINS" to know God, that he is given the opportunity to actually do that very thing and to receive the blessing of "knowing" God.

It's not our possessions the Lord really wants as those already belong to him anyway, it's our will (i.e., -- our sins!)