Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moroni - Chapter 2

I wonder if we underestimate what a privilege it is to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I certainly have.  I remember reading the account in the Old Testament of Noah walking with God.  As I did so the Spirit whispered, so are you.  "What?" I thought.  It was then, finally then, for this wasn't so long ago, that I realized that the Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead.  A God.  One with the Father and the Son.  It was then that I realized that I had been promised His constant companionship; not just when I'm in the Temple or at church, not just now and then, but constantly.  I have spent my days since that realization trying to notice that blessing.  Each morning when I head out on my morning walk, which ordinarily takes an hour, I say to myself, "Via con Dios."  I then spend that hour, having already knelt in prayer, communing with God.  The practice sets the tone for the day, as I attempt to look across the crowded room of my busy life and keep an eye on my blessed companion through all the confusion.

No comments: