Friday, January 15, 2010

Mosiah - Chapter 25


I kind of feel like I'm currently also in a situation where I don't know what to think.  Watching the news reports coming in from Haiti, my heart breaks for the enormous loss of life.  Yet I also rejoice at the recovery of many.  Still, I can't help wondering if death might not have been preferable to the suffering so many are experiencing.  So many conflicting thoughts.  Thankfully, there is one constant in all of this.  Jesus Christ is fully capable of healing all wounds that come from this.  Additionally, I am certain He has abundant blessings in store for all who will come to him.

I pray that Haiti might one day be lead by a leader like Mosiah, who would lead them to righteousness, prosperity and truth.  One man can make such a difference.  A Noah can bring about great sorrow and destruction.  A Mosiah can bring to pass much peace, prosperity and joy.

I think it is remarkable that Mosiah saw (most certainly by revelation) that Alma would better lead the Church than he, himself.  Such humility, to share such authority with another.  How I pray that our leaders, across the globe, might choose to serve in such a manner.  A nephew of mine recently had a conversation with Senator Bob Bennett.  In that conversation the Senator reminded him that God has, on repeated occasions raised up leaders of such caliber among us.  Men such as John Adams, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln.  The good Senator, full of faith, then expressed his belief that God would yet raise up such men to lead us and help correct our course.  I hope, with all my heart, that he is right.

No comments: