Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3 Nephi - Chapter 18

I never related building my house upon a rock to the Sacrament before.  Here the Savior clearly makes that connection for us.  We are given the opportunity to enter into a covenant with Him by which we are perfected in Christ.  As we are still mortal and still subject to the weakness of the flesh, kindly He offers an opportunity of to renew that covenant on a weekly basis so that we may remain built upon that solid foundation that will enable us to withstand the winds and rains of affliction, temptation and torment.

Each week we get to take a breather from the storm, consider our position, make course corrections and reestablish our house upon the rock.  What a tremendous gift!  He is the rock of our foundation.  He is the way and means by which we weather the tempest in our lives.  Each week now, as I partake of the emblems of His body and His blood; I think I'll ask myself, "Is my house built upon the rock?"  "Have I remained true to my covenants?"  "Are there things I must correct?"

Each morning as I study another chapter in The Book of Mormon, I sense the same thing.  In a very real way I am shoring up my foundation upon the rock of my Salvation.  "How firm a foundation ye, Saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in His excellent word...."

No comments: